Hello to everyone again!
Hope everyone is having a great start to their week! I was having a discussion with some of my fellow authors and even some readers, and everyone had some very interesting things to say about the growing trend of “novel playlists” among authors especially in young adult literature. I know Of Light and Darkness Book 1 has not been released yet, but I thought it’d be a lot of fun to post the soundtrack for my story on the blog today. I hope it will intrigue you and get you excited about what’s to come! After you’re done, I’d love to hear your thoughts about it – whether it’s guessing why I chose to include a particular song (seriously would love to hear theories about the plot…haha), if you’re more excited, or your own thoughts about the usage of novel playlists. Let me know!
Let me preface by explaining how I did this. These songs are listed in order of particular events/happenings in the book, but are not listed according to chapter necessarily. Next to the song and the artist, I have also listed (in itallics) which character’s point of view that particular song is from and possibly a few notes to go along with it. Okay…here we go.
- Blood Lust by Lauren Shera – (Charlotte): This is sort of my theme song for the entire book.
- In My Arms by Plumb – (Valek): This song is for the moment when Valek finds Charlotte abandoned in the streets of Prague and decides to adopt her. *not a spoiler because this is in the first chapter which I’ve already released for your previewing pleasure1* 😉
- Stripped by Shiny Toy Guns – (Charlotte & Aden)
- Good Enough by Evanescence/Amy Lee – (Charlotte)
- Our Last Fight by Scala Choir – (Charlotte & Valek)
- Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria – (Charlotte & Valek & Evangeline)
- 9 Crimesby Damien Rice – (Charlotte & Valek)
- Blinding by Florence + The Machine – (Charlotte)
- Look After You by The Frey – (Valek)
- The Sharpest Lives by My Chemical Romance – (Valek)
- Together by The Kin – (Valek)
- Escape by 30 Seconds to Mars – (Valek & Aden)
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Tori Amos – (Charlotte)
- Gone With the Sin by H.I.M. – (Valek)
- Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine – (Charlotte)
- Help I’m Alive (Edit) by Metric – (Charlotte)
- Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) by Concrete Blonde – (The Rogue Coven)
- Howl by Florence + The Machine – (Valek)
- Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban – (Valek)
- Numbers by Great Northern – (Valek & The Rogue Coven)
- Tautou by Brand New – (Charlotte)
- Night of the Hunter by 30 Seconds to Mars – (Valek & Aden)
- Running Up That Hill by Placebo – (Valek)
- Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars – (Valek)
- Alibi by 30 Seconds to Mars – (Valek)
- Lucky by Biff Naked – (Charlotte & Valek)
Okay guys…that’s it. I hope you enjoy the songs and I hope I showed you some new ones to add to your own library! Have any plot/character theories? Thoughts on novel playlists? Comments or questions about a particular song? Let me know! 🙂
Also…coming up tomorrow at 3pm ET…
Shayne Leighton on The Jimmy Star Show – Author of Of Light and Darkness to Guest January 12 2010
|Shayne Leighton to guest on The Jimmy Star Show live radio show to discuss her new book, the arts and entertainment. Listen live online worldwide Wed Jan 12 2011 from 3-5 pm ET | 12-2 pm PT at w4cy.com Radio | Visit http://www.jimmystarshow.com for details|